Dangen Entertainment and Fummy have announced that The Witch’s House MV will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch on October 13. The remade cult-classic Japanese horror RPG originally released for PC (Steam) in October 2018.
The console port will be priced at $14.99 and support English, Japanese, Spanish, French, German, Brazilian Portuguese, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Russian, Turkish text options.
A PC version trailer, details, and screenshots can be found below, via Dangen Entertainment. You can also read our review of the PC version.
Dangen Entertainment has announced that The Witch’s House MV will release on Nintendo Switch, PS4 and Xbox One digital stores on October 13th, 2022. Pre-orders for Nintendo Switch and Xbox One will be available starting from September 29th.
The Witch’s House falls within the tradition of Japanese horror RPGs with heavy emphasis on puzzle-solving and jump scares. Originally released on PC in 2012, the Witch’s House is deliberately designed with traps at almost every turn. Sudden death is unpredictable and keeps players on their toes. Considered one of the top three games to establish the genre along with Ib and Ao Oni, The Witch’s House surprised players with pixel-art that conceals truly frightening horror, spawning numerous fanworks and even an official novella and manga series by Japanese creator, Fummy.
The Witch’s House MV is a remake of the original with completely remastered visuals, enhanced atmosphere, and a new difficulty mode that includes new events upon completion of the base game. The MV remake was first released on modern PC platforms in 2018 and became a hit with even the most familiar old-school fans, reaching an overwhelming positive score on Steam. Now, the Witch’s House MV finally makes its way to home consoles, a significant feat for a title originally made with RPG Maker, just in time for Halloween.
A young girl, Viola, is drawn inexorably to a mysterious manor that seems to change behind her back. It is a place of pain, turmoil and death. Plumb its detestable depths and abominable history. Untangle riddles that bar your perilous path. And flee the hellish halls of The Witch’s House.
- The broadly loved classic of the genre finally makes its way to home consoles.
- A horror atmosphere wherein players solve puzzles based on clues found in the house.
- Reimagined graphics that make for a beautifully terrifying experience.
- Unlockable difficulty modes with new events and dialogue.
- Violence and gore that are not recommended for the squeamish. Player discretion advised.
- Sudden deaths that lurk around every corner and await every misstep.
- Items must be used deliberately as players solve the puzzles for themselves.
- Fixed save points (just keep an eye out for the talking black cat).
- Head phones *strongly* recommended.
“The Witch's House MV is an RPG Maker MV remake of the original game, which was released back in 2012. We remade all the graphics, including map tiles and character sprites, and worked hard to enhance the atmosphere and 2D beauty in The Witch's House. It took us five times as many hours to create this version, but we feel like we've finally managed to satisfy ourselves,” says Fummy, creator of The Witch’s House MV. “Aside from graphical improvements, we also added two new difficulty settings that were not present in the original 2012 version. The first difficulty setting is a more accessible one that allows players to instantly retry. The other difficulty setting is a more difficult one that is only unlocked by those who manage to reach the game's true ending. The world of The Witch's House has been reborn anew, and we sincerely hope you will all enjoy it.”
- Title: The Witch’s House MV
- Developer: Fummy
- Publisher: DANGEN Entertainment
- Genre: Japanese Horror RPG
- Players: 1
- Platforms: Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One
- Price: 14.99 USD, 14.99 EUR, 1650 YEN
- Languages: English, Japanese, Spanish, French, German, Brazilian Portuguese, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Russian, Turkish
- Release Date: October 13, 2022
Keyword: The Witch's House MV launches for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch on October 13>