It's much more spacious than the Nissan LEAF, but that's not a surprise.
The Nissan Ariya is finally entering the European market (and soon also the North American market), which means an incoming wave of reviews of the long-awaited, all-new electric Nissan.
Bjørn Nyland, as usual, begins his overview of the Nissan Ariya from the humorous banana box test to check the cargo potential.
The Nissan Ariya does not have a frunk (front trunk), but partially it can be explained by the short hood.
The trunk appears to be fairly large and, according to the video, it fits eight banana boxes. After folding the rear seats, the number of boxes can be increased to 24.
Those results are comparable to Volkswagen’s MEB-based electric cars (one box lower than in the case of the Volkswagen ID.4 – 9/25).
Because the Nissan Ariya is a crossover/SUV type of car, its cargo potential is of course a big step forward compared to the Nissan LEAF hatchback, which stored 7/21 boxes in the case of the 2018 model year version (facelifted), and 5/18 in the case of the 2013 model year version.
Results for selected cars (number of boxes: trunk+frunk/total after folding the rear seats):
- Mercedes EQV 13/35 (Info: 3rd row folded)
- 2021 NIO ES8 (6 seater) 16/32 (Info: 3rd row folded)
- Hongqi E-HS9 (6 seater) 16+0/30 (Info: 3rd row folded)
- 2022 BYD Tang EV 15/28 (Info: 3rd row folded)
- Tesla Model X (5 seater) 10+1/28
- Tesla Model Y (MIC) 2021 9+1/26
- Mercedes EQB 350 4Matic 12/25 (Info: 3rd row folded)
- Hyundai Ioniq 5 11+0/25
- Skoda Enyaq iV 10/25
- Volkswagen ID.4 9/25
- 2022 BMW iX xDrive50 8/25
- Citroën ë-SpaceTourer (M) 10/24 (Info: 3rd row folded)
- Audi Q4 e-tron 9/24
- BMW iX3 9/24
- Volkswagen ID.5 GTX 9/24
- Tesla Model S pre-facelift 8+2/24
- Mercedes-Benz EQS 8/24
- Nissan Ariya 8/24
- Tesla Model X 6 seater 9+1/23
- Ford Mustang Mach-E 8+1/23
- Audi e-tron 8+0/23
- Kia EV6 8+0/23
- Kia e-Soul 7/23
- Audi e-tron Sportback 7+0/23
- Mercedes-Benz EQA 6/23
- Kia e-Niro 8/22
- Tesla Model S facelift 8+0/22
- Volvo C40 Recharge 6+0/22
- Xpeng G3 8/21
- Nissan Leaf 2018 7/21
Keyword: Nissan Ariya: Competitive With VW's MEB EVs In Bjørn's Banana Box Test>