- 1. Why is the laptop microphone howling?
- 2. Causes and ways to adjust the mic not to howl the laptop
- 2.1. The phenomenon of frequency resonance of sound in space
- 2.2. Causes and ways to adjust the mic not to howl the laptop due to Driver error
- 2.3. Improper handling of the microphone
- 2.4. Adjust microphone boom
- 2.5. How to fix the laptop’s microphone howling due to the microphone near the speaker
While using a laptop, I more or less encountered the situation that the laptop mic was howling from the speaker, making me very uncomfortable. So How to adjust the mic without howling laptop what? Follow the article below to find out the cause as well as simple solutions that you can do yourself.
1. Why is the laptop microphone howling?
The microphone that outputs the sound to the speaker is howling due to many different reasons, but most of you can easily fix it:
– First of all, the microphone is too close to the speaker. This results in the microphone picking up loud sound from the speaker and amplifying it into a loop with a large multiplier leading to feedback (howling) that annoys you and causes rapid speaker failure.
– The phenomenon of frequency resonance of sound in space
– The closed opening of the microphone also leads to howling. The vent hole is designed behind the microphone’s diaphragm.
– Improper handling of the microphone.
– Driver error.
– Adjust the micro boost t to too high.
2. Causes and ways to adjust the mic not to howl the laptop
Here are 5 reasons why the mic is howling laptop and how to fix it. Please refer to details.
2.1. The phenomenon of frequency resonance of sound in space
– The cause of the laptop mic howling is also influenced by the element – called the resonant frequency related to the space in the room.
– Every object, room area, and design in the room is also capable of echoing the sound when the speaker is emitted, making the microphone pick up a lot of noise, leading to the appearance of howling.
+ You move the microphone to avoid being close to and directly facing the speaker.
+ In addition, you need to pay attention to the arrangement of speakers in the room.
+ If due to the space of the room, then you need to buy insulation foam (sound-absorbing egg) to stick on the wall, or wall corner.
2.2. Causes and ways to adjust the mic not to howl the laptop due to Driver error
– The next reason why the laptop mic is howling may be because you installed the wrong Drivers
– Solution: To fix it, you need to update the audio driver for the Laptop:
Step 1: First you right click on My Computer then choose Manager.
Step 2: When the window Computer Manager appears, click to select Device Manager – choose Sound video and game controllers.
Step 3: Continue right-clicking High Definition Audio Device choose Update driver software.
Step 4: When a new window appears, select Browse My Computer for Driver software and choose next Let me pick from list of devices.
Step 5: Finally, you continue to follow the instructions until you have updated the new driver.
2.3. Improper handling of the microphone
A cause and How to adjust the mic without howling laptop It is not possible that the operation of the microphone is not correct.
– The position of the handle on the microphone:
+ This is an extremely important factor when you use the microphone.
+ There are 2 common mistakes when holding a microphone that is holding the microphone’s hat and holding the microphone pair.
+ The way to overcome this phenomenon is that you hold in the middle of the body of the microphone.
+ Microphone holding angle and microphone holding distance
+ Standard microphone grip angle direction is about 45 to 50 degrees from your body.
+ Standard microphone grip angle helps you get the best sound.
+ The standard holding distance for the best microphone is about 2 to 2.5 cm from the lips.
+ You should limit the distance too far or too close to the microphone’s hat.
2.4. Adjust microphone boom
– To overcome this phenomenon, you need to adjust the micro boos to the minimum level
Step 1: You open Control Panel >> Select item Hardware and Sound.
Step 2: Right click on the . icon Sound >> select properties.
Step 3: Go to Level Adjust the microphone boost to the minimum possible -20dB.
2.5. How to fix the laptop’s microphone howling due to the microphone near the speaker
– Do not place the microphone close to the speaker when operating.
The microphone near the speaker causes a very loud howling, which affects the diaphragm and eardrum greatly.
– Therefore, you should keep the microphone from 1 meter or more away from the speaker. At this distance, you won’t have to worry about howling phenomenon anymore
With How to adjust the mic without howling laptop above, hope you will successfully fix this situation.
Keyword: 5 ways to adjust the mic without howling laptop quickly and simply>